Cool down with a delicious serving of healthy ice cream with our highly rated green tea ice cream recipe - imagine the taste of ice cream loaded with antioxidants! With the added power of matcha green tea powder, which is proven to have more EGCg antioxidants than anything else on the planet, this is the ultimate guilt-free treat. This recipe provides a tasty hint of green tea, that isn't too overwhelming.
1 tablespoon of matcha green tea powder
3 tablespoons of hot water
2 egg yolks
5 tablespoons of sugar
¾ cup of milk
¾ cup of heavy whipping cream
1. In a small bowl, mix together your matcha green tea powder with the hot water, mixing until dissolved. Set aside
2. In a small saucepan, whisk together your egg yolks, sugar, and milk until fully incorporated
3. Heat the saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened or small bubbles begin to form.
4. Optional: Run your mixture through a sieve to remove any unwanted clumps and to make your mixture smoother
5. Add your green tea mixture, stirring until evenly dispersed
6. Allow your saucepan to cool by submerging the bottom in iced water
7. In a separate bowl, whisk the heavy whipping cream until it has the consistency of whipped cream
8. Gently combine the green tea mixture with the whip cream until everything is nicely blended
9. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the instructions for the ice cream maker
10. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour your mixture into a container and place in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, remove the container from the freezer and stir vigorously. Replace in freezer. Continue this step 3-4 times.
11. Depending on the consistency you would like, freeze the ice cream for 3 hours or overnight
12. Serve and enjoy!
Have Our Premium Organic Matcha Tea Powder Delivered to You